Final application deadlines:
- If you are a non-EEA student that needs a visum and housing we aks you to apply and upload all the required application documents before 1 April 2017. Incoming applications after this deadline will be processed, but we cannot guarantee that housing will still be available and the visum process can be completed in time.
- All other students, Dutch or foreign, that don’t need visa, need to apply and upload their application documents before 1 May 2017.
How to apply?
- Check if you meet the admission requirements for our PPE programme. Take note especially of our strict requirements in English or Math. Prepare your application documents (see list mentioned at step 4).
- Apply via Studielink.nl. Studielink is used in the Netherlands to enrol students in higher education programmes. Both the University and the Dutch government get their information from Studielink, so it is vital that your personal information is accurate and always up to date. How to use it:
- Studielink asks for your background information, your previous education, the subjects that you’ve taken, your grades, and the programme(s) you want to enrol in.
- Studielink provides you with a to-do-list with actions you need to complete to finish your application. Regularly check Studielink for new or unfinished items on your to-do list and make sure you read any messages you receive.
- Note: the enrolment in Studielink is in addition to the VU Amsterdam online application.
- All students seeking admission to an international Bachelor’s or Master’s programme with an international degree are required to pay a non-refundable €100 application fee. Only after you have paid this fee will we be able to start the evaluation of your application file. After applying for a programme in studielink, you will receive login details for our VUnet student portal. Before arranging payment of the application fee, you first need to confirm your programme application by answering some questions and submitting some documents in the VUnet portal. After completing the programme application the online payment tool will become available and you will be able to arrange the payment of the application fee with Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal. After you have arranged your payment online you will receive a confirmation e-mail, and the payment status will change to ‘PAID’.
- Receive an e-mail with your VUnet ID, inviting you to complete your application in VUnet (student portal of VU Amsterdam). Log in and upload all the documents needed for the selection procedure and make sure the portal is fully completed, otherwise your file cannot be evaluated. Please do so before the final application deadline that applies to you. Required application documents:
- Certified copy of your diploma (can also be provided after conditional admission)
- Transcript of grades over the las two years of your formal education up to the moment of application. For A-level and IB applicants: include predicted Grade transcript if available.
- Proof of English proficiency (can also be provided after conditional admission)
- Your CV (max. 2 pages)
- The PPE Assessment Form 2017 (max. 1500 words) – upload this at the place where you can add a motivation letter to your application
- Copy of valid passport or ID (ID for EEA students only)
Problems / questions?
- If Studielink tells you that: “The educational institution has yet to determine whether your previous education level is sufficient“, this will only be ticked after you accept your place and you send us a certified copy of your diploma.
- If you received a notification that your personal details cannot be verified automatically, hand in an extract from the Municipal Administration (GBA) at the VU Amsterdam Central Student Desk. If you don’t live in The Netherlands (yet) you have to provide a copy of your passport.
- Candidates with a foreign diploma can contact the admission support team of the VU Amsterdam International Office, firstname.lastname@example.org (Rosa Vijftigschild), if experiencing any difficulties. Candidates with a Dutch diploma can contact email@example.com (Eva Meijerink) if experiencing any difficulties.